Dr. Waddles & Sister Karen L. Waddles
Dr. George W. Waddles, Sr. | Pastor Emeritus
Dr. George W. Waddles, Sr. is the Pastor Emeritus of the Zion Hill Missionary Baptist Church in Chicago, Illinois. As the longest serving pastor, he pastored Zion Hill for the 34 years. Many souls have been led to a saving relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ as a result of his teaching and preaching. Dr. Waddles has mentored many pastors, preachers and lay persons. He has nearly 30 sons in the ministry, 10 of which are pastors. He is renowned for his commitment to excellence in Christian Education.
- Dr. Waddles is Founder and Vice President of WHW Ministries, Inc.
- Dr. Waddles is Founder and former President of Biblical Exposition Conference, Chicago, Illinois
- Former President of The Baptist General State Congress of Christian Education of Illinois
- Served as Dean of The National Baptist Congress of Christian Education, October 1999 – September 2009, an auxiliary of The National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.
- Immediate past President of the National Baptist Congress of Christian Education, an auxiliary of The National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc., serving from September 2009 – September 2015
Dr. Waddles conducts revivals, lectures, workshops and Christian Education seminars nationally. In addition, Dr. Waddles has served on many civic groups, boards, commissions, organizations and agencies, and has been awarded many honorary degrees.
- Dr. Waddles holds a Bachelor’s degree from Bethel College, Newton, Kansas;
- Master’s Degree from the University of Kansas;
- Doctor of Divinity Degree from Faith Evangelical College and Seminary, 2012;
- He studied at the Northern Baptist Theological Seminary in Lombard, Illinois.
Dr. Waddles was honored at the Annual WHW Ministries, Inc. Conference October 4, 2005 in Los Angeles, California, where he received the prestigious “Preacher’s Cup” Award” for excellence in expositional preaching and teaching.
Dr. Waddles knows his greatest privileges are being a Man called by God, a Christian, a husband to his wife, Karen and father of four children, all married, and grandfather of nine grandchildren. Two sons are pastors, one an attorney; and his daughter is the Director of Cabela’s Strategic Partnership with the National Baptist Convention, USA, Inc.